We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help finding Hair and Makeup Professionals

New York City, New...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Help finding Hair and Makeup Professionals

I am doing a honeymoon photo shoot in como and would love to have my hair and makeup done beforehand. Anyone have any recommendations for reasonably priced vendors?

Hong Kong
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Help finding Hair and Makeup Professionals

I am also looking for hair and makeup in Cernobbio . Did you find someone? Any recommendations welcome!

Level Contributor
1,445 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help finding Hair and Makeup Professionals

While I can't recommend someone in Como, I was in Sestri for 6 weeks recently and needed my hair colored. I asked a few local women around my age with great hair and ended up with 2 names mentioned several times. I chose one who did a great job. If you don't find someone ahead of time, I'd suggest doing that and you'll probably have good luck.

There is a difference in custom there. I went for color only. No cut. No blow dry after. The dye was applied on dry hair and shampooed out and conditioned after. I asked to use a dollop of serum and gel at the end and scrunched it up wet. Every "extra" was charged for: the hair conditioner after the shampoo; 3 or 4 euros also for each quarter-sized product I used like some gel. I was told by 2 Italian women after that it's also extra to have hair spray...literally each thing is added to the original quoted price. It's a different policy to be aware of, especially as you're asking about someone "reasonably priced."

Congratulations and happy travels.

Como, Italy
Level Contributor
910 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help finding Hair and Makeup Professionals

Don't tell it's for wedding - photoshoot or similar: prices double

4. Re: Help finding Hair and Makeup Professionals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 15, 2014