We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

West Midlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Hi there

We have been looking around for the cheapest quote for transfer from MXP to Bellagio and have found that this company (www.taxi-airport-transfers.com) seems to have the best price. Has anyone used them or know if they are reliable? Can't seem to find any reviews anywhere on the web.

I know we could do the whole thing a lot cheaper by train, bus etc but seeing as it's our first trip to Italy and husbands birthday present we've decided to push the boat out and have a private transfer. :)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rachel

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,829 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

In case you hadn't found it, this is a half-way house between public transport and private transfer www.flytolake.com/home/index.php…

West Midlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Thanks for the reply. We have looked at flytolake.com but unfortunately due to our flight time it would mean having to wait 4 hours for their last shuttle as we wiill have just missed the afternoon one. It's a shame really, as we would have probably have used them otherwise as I've read a lot of good reviews.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
9 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Just as a follow up should anyone else look to use taxi-airport-transfers.com. We decided to book with them and booked a return transfer from Malpensa to Bellagio, Lake Como. The service was excellent! We very quickly received a confirmatory email from them shortly after booking online and we were met by a very friendly driver at the airport who awaited us with a sign with our name on. He spoke limited English but did his best to muddle through and we did the same in our limited Italian :). I assume they are most probably a brokerage company for local taxi/chaffeur services, but we would use them again none the less.

North Palm Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Thanks for coming back and posting your experience with them. I was also looking into using them from harwich to heathrow since they were much cheaper than other companies, so it's nice to know that someone has actually used them even if a different location.

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Thanks for the feedback (nice to see people take the time). I was looking for reviews of "Taxi Airport Transfers" as they are proving to be the cheapest for my transfers in Cyprus. I'll also let you know how they were

Edited: 8:27 am, July 12, 2011
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Hi,

I used the taxi - airport transfer service on my trip to Moltrasio last week, the cab I ordered thru them failed to turn up on time for my return transfer to Malpensa yesterday, their T & C's meant that I had to pay for both transfers in cash after the first transfer.

I had to arrage another cab otherwise I would have missed my flight so at the moment I am 90 Euros out of pocket.

I have requested a refund - will let you know how I go on, hope it works out as i am due to visit there on a regular basis.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Hi,

I used the taxi - airport transfer service on my trip to Moltrasio last week, the cab I ordered thru them failed to turn up on time for my return transfer to Malpensa yesterday, their T & C's meant that I had to pay for both transfers in cash after the first transfer.

I had to arrage another cab otherwise I would have missed my flight so at the moment I am 90 Euros out of pocket.

I have requested a refund - will let you know how I go on, hope it works out as i am due to visit there on a regular basis.

North Palm Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Carlos, Thanks for informing us, didn't they give you the drivers contact phone number? When I contacted them, they told me that they would give me the contact phone number and I could always call their 24/7 support line if I had problems. Did you try and do this or did you just grab another cab due to your time constraint.

Thanks!

Edited: 10:58 am, July 25, 2011
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Hi Royalcruisers,

I am in communication with the local taxi service provider at the moment so will wait to see what response I get regarding a refund for my 90 Euros, I have emailed them so will let you know.

The Taxi - Airport-Transfers.com dont want to know, they say that the contract exists between myself and the local taxi service provider, I will check the legalities of this or can you offer advice (issue of contract law)

All, Hang fire on booking and I will update with chapter and verse on the content of my phone conversations/outcome

ta

Carlos

I

North Palm Beach...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi-airport-transfers.com? - Mxp to Bellagio

Hi Carlos,

Under their Terms and Conditions, they state that they are basically there just to "hook" you up with the "driver" and that's it and from that point on, it's in between you and the driver. I always have an issue with paying in cash for a future service since it's much harder to try and get your money back. I personally don't think you'll have a great chance on receiving your money back once it has been paid in cash.

Did you have the drivers phone number at the time he failed to pick you up and did you try and call him? I was just wondering if you had tried to call him when you noitced that he wasn't there to pick you up.

Mark