We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Topic
Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

My fiance and I are looking at Lake Como for our destination wedding in September. We are wondering what advice, if any, you may have to help us prepare. Any information on flights from Las Vegas, hotels in the region, wedding ceremony info, restaurants...basically anything you're willing to offer us, would be greatly appreciated.

All we know for now is we would like to get married in the Lake Como region. We're looking at Bellagio as potential place to stay. It will be a small wedding, including ourselves and our immediate families. Not sure what other information we might offer you to help, but once again, we greatly appreciate any tips you can give us.

Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Lake Como
Lake Como
Lombardy, Italy
Bellagio
Bellagio
Lake Como, Italy
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

We were married there last year and can provide as much information as you like. We did not use a wedding company, but still managed to book the hotel, florist, fireworks, hair stylists, bands, and photographer ourselves. We were extremely happy with all our choices.

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
232 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

Thanks and wow! How did you do it all yourselves? We've been searching online and are having trouble determining a budget because no one seems to quote us prices.

Vancouver, Canada
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

Just a tip for vendors - some such as photographers are willing to travel for your destination wedding and its reasonably priced.

Let me know if you want more details.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

We recently had guests staying with us and used

Blue Key weddings for their Wedding on Lake Como. They were extremely happy with the full and comprehensive service that this small company offered. The wedding reception was held at Crottto Dei Platani. This is a very beautiful lake side restaurant. Take a look at their website it might suit your small wedding party.

The wedding planner is an Irish girl called Rachael and has been living on the Lake for the past two years. The bride and groom were very very impressed.

Wishing you all the very best with your planning.

Mentioned in this post
Lake Como
Lake Como
Lombardy, Italy
Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

Hi -

If you haven't already done so - check out Italian government requirements by going to the web site for the Consul General of Italy. The Consular office always deals with paperwork. There are usually translations of documents required, plus residency requirements, etc.

These may not be the same for you if you are US citizens as for all the folks who are residents of the EC - things may well be much easier for them. Anyway, government stuff always seems to take longer than anything else, so its a good idea to get started on it first.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Houston, TX
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

I just got married in Lake Como in May, 2009. We did not use a wedding coordinator but did everything on our own via the web and email. I was so happy with everything. We had a blessing ceremony at Villa Cipressi in Varenna overlooking the lake. We chose a blessing ceremony instead of a civil one because it gave us much more flexibility in customizing our ceremony. We used Giuseppe and Diane from Blessings from Italy for our celebrants and they were outstanding. They traveled from the tuscany region to be at our wedding. http://www.blessingsfromitaly.eu/

We used Matteo Cuzzola for photography and he did an wonderful job of capturing all of our memories. The pictures were delivered to the US so fast after the wedding and his prices were quite reasonable! http://www.matteocuzzola.com/en/index_en.html

I found the florist on line as well. The bouquet was so fresh that it lasted a full week after the wedding! Mario Pirovano Bellagio(Florist)@39.031.950 566. They delivered the flowers to Villa Cipressi for 20 Euro. We also rented a private boat for a tour of the lake with our guests. Filippo Barindelli @ 0039 3382110337 gave us an excellent tour. Good luck planning your wedding. Mine was everything I could have imagined and then some!

Mentioned in this post
Lake Como
Lake Como
Lombardy, Italy
Varenna
Varenna
Lake Como, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Bellagio
Bellagio
Lake Como, Italy
Hotel Villa Cipressi
Hotel Villa Cipressi
452 Reviews
Varenna, Italy
7. Re: Advice for planning our wedding in Lake Como

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, December 14, 2009