We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying near Bergamo train station?

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pitman, New Jersey
Level Contributor
91 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Staying near Bergamo train station?

Staying near the main train station in some cities is not such a good idea for a single female traveler. Is that true in Bergamo? I must take a very early train back to Milanon Monday morning so close to the station would be helpful for me. Does anyone have suggestions of a reasonably priced and good location for a couple nights? Thank you.

Ireland
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying near Bergamo train station?

Personally speaking I would make the most of my two nights and stay in beautiful citta alta. We had a 6:30 flight and stayed 2 nights in casa mario lupo, Gian Mario the owner arranged a transfer to the airport for us.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,324 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying near Bergamo train station?

Hi!

There are some hotels near the station like Hotel Mercure Palazzo Dolci and Hotel Cappello d'Oro Best Western They have quite good reviews.

Take a look at the TA reviews: they seem good.

Bye :)

Edited: 9:33 am, June 06, 2014
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,050 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying near Bergamo train station?

Here's another vote for Casa Mario Lupo. We stayed there last year and loved it.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
20 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying near Bergamo train station?

I also stayed at Casa Mario Lupo and could recommend it. The area around the station in Bergamo is pretty ok day and night. The nearest decent hotel is the Mercure but there are frequent buses to and from Citta Alta to the station from very early in the morning and it only takes a few minutes.

5. Re: Staying near Bergamo train station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 22, 2015