We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am hoping to visit Bergamo between Christmas and New Year.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
I am hoping to visit Bergamo between Christmas and New Year.

I wanted to book a train from Milan to Bergamo between Christmas and New Year and there are no trains available on the Trenitalia web site. Does anyone out there know if this is just because of heavy demand or am I looking on the wrong web site or dont trains run in winter between thee cities.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,028 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am hoping to visit Bergamo between Christmas and New Year.

There is a timetable change on 15 December, and times after that date are not yet published. Based on past experience, they are likely to be available by mid-November. Just keep checking the Trenitalia web site.

There will probably not be much change to the times, so use the present timetable in your planning.

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,774 posts
448 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am hoping to visit Bergamo between Christmas and New Year.

Trains to Bergamo are regional trains and cannot be booked. Just buy tour ticket, obliterare it in one of the yellow machines and hop on.

The winter timetable will be similar to the summer one so to have an idea put in a nearer date.

Bye :)

Edited: 1:41 pm, October 06, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I am hoping to visit Bergamo between Christmas and New Year.

Thanks for the reply. Ill do that

4. Re: I am hoping to visit Bergamo between Christmas and New Year.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, October 10, 2014