We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a car in Bergamo

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rent a car in Bergamo

Hello guys,

Im planning to rent a car in Bergamo for two persons and travel to Lignano through Verona and other places. Could you recommed me some place for rent a car? I checked some renting places on internet.

Thank you very much

Eva

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,312 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rent a car in Bergamo

Hi!

The most important Car Hires are in the airport.

www.sacbo.it

Choose English and go to Transport

Bye :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,950 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rent a car in Bergamo

AutoEurope is an agency that arranges cheap rentals with the major companies: www.autoeurope.com

Mestre, Italy
Level Contributor
6,760 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rent a car in Bergamo

Waive the excess

4. Re: Rent a car in Bergamo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, August 21, 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Rent a car in Bergamo

I had a truly bad experience in bergamo airport this february. I booked a car (small economy automatic) through internet (rentalcars.com booked for me locauto). when I arrived and visited locauto, I was asked for a deposit of Eur 2100 !!!! on my card. I didn't have such amount on my card! I made a call to rentalcars, I asked locauto for some other ways (less amount, etc) but I was offered no decision from both companies - only 2100 euro deposit. I visited nearby located offices of other car rentals, and the largest deposit I was offered was Eur1000!!!! finally, I rented car in autoeurope for 400Eur for 5 days, 240Eur deposit included!!! and lost my prepaid Eur200 to rentalcars.

BTW, I was not the only person standing near locauto with red face and making urgent cellphone calls. There even was a man with a little child on hands trying to resolve the same problem with locauto. DO NOT recommend LOCAUTO

St. Petersburg...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Rent a car in Bergamo

Goldcar rental is the WORST car rental company I ever used!!!

Our has flight arrived 1 hour later than it had to. After arrival, having picked up our luggage, we went to the meeting point in Bergamo airport, where the GOLDCAR shuttle had to pick us up and drive to the parking lot, as indicated in the Car Rental e-Voucher. We waited for 1 hour !!! for the Goldcar shuttle while shuttles of other car rental companies were arriving every 10-15 minutes. When finally the Goldcar shuttle arrived and we reached the parking lot we realized that the Goldcar parking office was already closed!!! We were told that the representative of Goldcar company left just 10 min before we arrived, having said that he could not wait longer any more!!! So, we came out to be left without the car (which we rented and for which we paid the advance) having 2 kids with us at night time.

Having returned to Bergamo airport, we had nothing else to do, but to rent the car from Hertz ( which always had been reliable as per our previous experience). As far as our hotel was rented far away from Bergamo we could not return next day at 9/00 am to collect the car that we rented from Goldcar Rental.

As far as:

1/ in the Car Rental e-Voucher or anywhere else in the documents provided there was no indication that Goldcar Rental does not work 24 hours per day 2/ Telephone which was provided in the Voucher, which I was calling, was not responding 3/ Shuttle commuting was not organized in a proper way ( very rare!) 4/ Goldcar Rental does not account for flight delays to Bergamo, which happen quite often, and do not provide back up service for this kind of circumstances 5/ Nobody from Goldcar called my mobile phone ( which was provided!!), knowing that we had to collect the car late in the evening, and ask why we are not coming

.. I consider this kind of services to be unacceptable and I am very disappointed having dealt with the Goldcar Rental company. This incident has spoiled my vocation in Italy, the country that we love and which always has been so hospitable for us .

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rent a car in Bergamo

Beware of AVIS Car Rental at Bergamo airport! For any "new" scratch they charge you the price of the whole part exchange ( 500 EURO at least...). It's really easy to omit one at check-out or get one on Italian roads. At check-in they go after anything they could charge you for, it seems to be their new business model.

8. Re: Rent a car in Bergamo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, July 15, 2015