We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Veroia, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

We will be in Bergamo from Dec 30 to Jan 4. Could anyone tell me if there will be any festivities for the New Year's Eve. Also, could anyone tell me what is "not to be missed" in the area around Bergamo?

Any ideas please!

Thank you

Sarremo in Bergamo da dec 30 a gen 4. C' e' qualquno che sa se ci sarrano qualche eventi di capodanno in Bergamo? Non parlo di cenoni in alberghi ma di una festa pubblica in qualche piazza (musica, botti).

Grazie

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,163 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

Hi!

There is usually a free party in Piazzale degli Alpini in the centre of Bergamo. As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

As for what to see take a look at the Top Questions here on your right.

Bye :)

Veroia, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

thank you very much. I ve seen a lot about bergamo sights, I'm just wondering if there are any "off the beaten path" things to see

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,163 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

Bergamo is not too touristy so I think you get the best anyway.

Just walk around the old town and then down the stayed or pathos down to Bergsmo Bassa.

Is there something particular you're interested in?

Veroia, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

First of all thank you for responding twice to my topic.

As I already told you we will spend 5 days in Bg. So, apart from walking around le citta' alta e bassa , admiring the architecture (which I adore), visiting the Art Gallery academia carrara and the Natural Science museum (my sons are interested in geology) I've no idea. Is it easy to go to Cresi d' Adda? Should we take a day trip to Milan or should we preffer a day trip to Lecco (or another place in the lakes) using public transportation? Is there any "mercatino di feste" during 30/12 & 4/01? Is it freezing cold in Bg? Generally, are there problems at the airport because of the snow? Is it mostly raining or snowing at this time of the year?

grazie mille ancora una volta

Chrysanthe

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,163 posts
406 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

I'm afraid Accademia Carrara is closed for restoration but you will be able to see some of its works in Palazzo della Ragione in CA.

Crespi is only 16 km from Bergamo but it takes a bit by bus. You must get off at Trezzo D'Adda and walk to Crespi. It's very interesting ans is off the beaten track.

It's difficult to say what the weather will be like but it's winter so IMO I think you'll be better off in Milan. Your son may enjoy visiting the Museo delle Scienze Naturali and the Museo della Scienza e della Tecnologia. Check closing time on 31/12 and 1/1. As you like architecture you'll certainly apreciate the Duomo, the Gallery, Sant'Ambrogio...

Getting to Milan is quite easy by train. You can get around Milan by underground quite easily.

I doubt you'll find Mercatini during those days.

Bye :)

Edited: 6:29 pm, December 04, 2012
Veroia, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

thank you, so kind of you to give me all this information!

I migliori auguri di Natale

Bergamo, Italy
Level Contributor
103 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

I am not a big fan of NYE in Bergamo. It ends up to be mostly for young and eventually drunk locals. It is not the NYE you would think of, full of friendly people and families and so on ...yes, maybe up to a point.... When it comes to places around, without a car to visit the area around Bergamo gets uneasy. I would go for Milan,a lot to offer, stay in the center, easy to reach by train. Then Verona, but you will have to change in Brescia I guess. With a car, San Tome' (almenno) Camerata Cornello. I am not a fun of lakes around, esp. in winter. Better the mountains.

8. Re: Capodanno a Bergamo- Bergamo in New Year's Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, December 17, 2013