We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A one day visit to Bergamo from Milan

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A one day visit to Bergamo from Milan

1. what's the best way to Bergamo from Milan? I am planning to buy a book of 10 tickets travel within Milan which I believe would allow my to go to Bergamo, or am I mistaken? If I have to buy additional train tickets is it more economical to get a same day return ticket?

2. for a one day visit what are the most important things to see?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,529 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: A one day visit to Bergamo from Milan

You are mistaken - Milan tickets do not permit you to go to Bergamo (or anything like that far).

For train times see http://www.fsitaliane.it/homepage_en.html entering Milan and Bergamo. For fares use a date this week - the slower trains from Milano Porta Garibaldi are slightly cheaper than the faster trains from Milano Centrale.

There are no special return fares - you buy a ticket out and a ticket back. A Regional ticket machine will be easiest if you have a chip and pin card. These tickets are OK on any train for two months by the route chosen, but must be validated (time/date-stamped) before boarding to prevent fraudulent re-use.

Edited: 12:42 am, August 03, 2012
Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
10,313 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A one day visit to Bergamo from Milan

Hi!

It depends on your interests.

I'd start off with the Duomo, Castello Sforzesco......

However take a look here for some ideas.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g187849-Activiti…

If you put " day trip " in the search box of the Milan forum you'll find some ideas.

Bye :)

3. Re: A one day visit to Bergamo from Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 21, 2013