We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milan Central Station to Bergamo Day Trip

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Milan Central Station to Bergamo Day Trip

Hi,

I will be in Milan for a week in May. I am thinking of travelling to Bergamo for a day trip. Can anyone please tell me how do I travel to Bergamo from Milan Central Station. I have problem finding the fare or time table from Trenitalia website. Do I need to book the train in advance? Can i but the returns ticket on the same day?

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
Level Contributor
11,033 posts
459 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milan Central Station to Bergamo Day Trip

Hi!

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

You'll be able to choose your time here. It's a 48 min journey and will cost €5,15

It's a regional train so you won't be able to book. Just get in!

Yes you can buy a return ticket. Remember to obliterate it in the yellow machines before getting on the train.

Enjoy your day trip!

Bye :)

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,384 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milan Central Station to Bergamo Day Trip

Note that a return ticket in the British sense does not exist in Italy. You just buy two single tickets.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milan Central Station to Bergamo Day Trip

It's an easy trip and definitely worth it.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Milan Central Station to Bergamo Day Trip

Hi all

Thank you for your information.

5. Re: Milan Central Station to Bergamo Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 am, March 25, 2013