We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

More video's of Iseo

Liverpool UK
8 posts
Save Topic
More video's of Iseo

http://www.youtube.com/?v=jLSVXfgVgXY

http://www.youtube.com/?v=02LeTuJBdkE

http://www.youtube.com/?v=5zeUOZQkkww

enjoy

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: More video's of Iseo

Brilliant John. Thanks for posting those. We are taking my brother and sister in law to Lake Iseo in on Oct 9th and I was a bit worried as to whether I should have maybe gone to one of the larger more well known lakes. Your videos show that Lake Iseo is just as beautiful - and probably a lot easier and quicker to get from A to B. Now I don't know whether to forward the video links to my in laws or let it all be a wonderful surprise for them!

jean

Berwick upon Tweed...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: More video's of Iseo

Yes, Lake Iseo is really echanting. I will visit the Lake 7 - 12 October. I have written a Guide to Lake Iseo

www.europealacarte.co.uk/italy/iseo.

Karen

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: More video's of Iseo

Hey Karen

We will be in Lake Iseo 9th to 12th October. Staying at I Due Roccoli - do you know it? I have 3 main objectives on the trip, a trip round the lake on the ferry, debarking for a tour of Monte Isola, a trip to the wonderful stone pyramidy things at the Zone and I am hoping to visit a vineyard. I was wondering if you could offer some advise on the vineyard. We won't be able to purchase any wine as we are flying Ryanair and they would probably charge us more than the wine is worth if we go over our measly luggage allowance, but we would love a tour and maybe a small wine tasting. Do you know how we could arrange this?

thanks

jean

st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: More video's of Iseo

Jean-s try dropping an -mail to bellavista@terramoretti.it

They are owners of a luxury hotel in Erbusco (l'alberetta) and also own one of the largest vineyards in the area. They do tours and so you will be able to get some info here as to when you can do such a tour.

Don't go for dinner in the restaurant at the Alberetta-----Gualtieri Marchesi is the chef and supposedly one of Italy's top men in the kitchen.

We went back a few weeks ago to give them a second go after a dodgy previous visit---------confirmed our initial impression and so there won't be a 3rd visit!!!.

If you are in the area of Erbusco perhaps to do the tour then try a little restaurant which is just down the road from their hotel it's called La Mongolfiera and is really good. You need to book but it's worth it.

Buon appetito

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: More video's of Iseo

Oh just noticed your comments there suziewong!!! Thanks - I will try that email address. Yes, I have read about the restaurant you mentioned and the prices had already put me off going there! Plus I have read reveiws on TA that back up your opinion of the food. I Due Roccoli are supposed to have good food.

x

jean

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: More video's of Iseo

Mmmm. I just tried that address suziewong and the postmaster just sent it straight back at me. There website doesn't help either as it doesn't give an address. The guy at my hotel has been helpful. I will ask him to help once we are there. Or just turn up at each and every vineyard with a very thirsty look on our faces, clutching our throats until somebody takes pity on us!

st lucia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: More video's of Iseo

Don't clutch your throats or they might think you've been attacked by the mozzies and whip you of to hospital for a cortezone thingie up your a***!!!!

Be a good girl and drop an e-mail to the hotel albereta who will give you the details you need.

info@albereta.it

website is www.albereta.it

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: More video's of Iseo

Oh - that seems to have worked ok. Ta very much again. did you see my other answer in the "rap" post about my holiday plans? I was wondering if you knew what the chances of us catching some English football were in Bergamo? I have found an Irish bar in the lower town called The Ritual. I guess I could post in the Bergamo forum. Sister in law not going to be too happy but husband and brother in law will love me if I find somewhere!

jean

x

Berwick upon Tweed...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: More video's of Iseo

Jean,

I can suggest a couple of possibles for vine tours/tasting.

Castello di Grumello tel 035 4420817. They have guided tours and tasting on Sunday afternoons from 15:00 - 18:00.

There is also the CaDel Bosco tel 0307 766111.

I'm sure that you will have a great time at Lake Iseo.

Karen

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,321 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: More video's of Iseo

thanks Karen, I will jot that second one down. We don't arrive until late Sunday which is a shame as I bet the weekend would be the most popular time for the vineyards to offer tours.

I can hardly wait now! Johns videos on this post show Iseo to be stunning. and I have printed off your writings on it too. Thank you.