We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Margherita - is the one near Genoa?

Chicago
Level Contributor
395 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Margherita - is the one near Genoa?

I have been trying to find out the best way to enjoy Santa Margherita for a day and have discovered that I need help. WE will be coming off of a cruise ship but I mostly enjoy discovering the area on my own. It looks like SM is a divine stop and in my reading have come across some information but I would like some direction. Something said to walk to Portofino or take a ferry to Cinque Terre- those both sound fascinating and would like to consider but first I would like to learn more about SM. I have a feeling that it is very special but keeps getting passed over in my guidebooks etc. Thank so much for your help and insights!

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Margherita - is the one near Genoa?

You could start with the English tourism pages of Santa Margherita Ligure:

…santa-margherita-ligure.ge.it/Default.aspx…

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,298 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Margherita - is the one near Genoa?

We've stayed in SML 3 times and found it to be a wonderful town. It has a beautiful promenade and harbor and has many good restaurants.

The town has some good but pricey shopping, and many of the buildings and churches are beautiful.

We take the boat to Portofino because I like the pictures you can get of it's harbor from the boat. You can take a train to CT also and it's about an hour's trip.

Chicago
Level Contributor
395 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Margherita - is the one near Genoa?

thanks

4. Re: Santa Margherita - is the one near Genoa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 24, 2012