We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How risky is it to rent an apartment without A/C end August?

Glendale, California
Level Contributor
125 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
How risky is it to rent an apartment without A/C end August?

A few of the apartments we have looked at in Camogli/SML don't have AC and are near the sea with large windows. While we don't need American style freezing cold A/C we would like to be able to sleep at night.

It's hard to tell from checking weather averages so would like some advice from those with experience.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Camogli
Camogli
Italian Riviera, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
108,844 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How risky is it to rent an apartment without A/C end August?

You would appreciate AC in August on the Riviera - It's hot! If you'll been on the beach or trekking all day, you would want to be cool at night.

Hover over icons for values - But you're correct, the averages don't seem to reflect how hot it feel in the sun all day.

weather2travel.com/whentotravel/index.php…

Vagabonda

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How risky is it to rent an apartment without A/C end August?

Averages can be misleading. The beginning of August can be and often is blazingly hot. By the end of August, temperatures can and often do drop.

I don't think I'd let a lack of AC deter me from renting an apartment I liked.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
108,844 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How risky is it to rent an apartment without A/C end August?

How important is it to you, because no one would be able to predict this August?

I have been on the Riviera at summer's end when it was very pleasant, but more often, it's been hot. I wouldn't even consider an accommodation without AC in August.

Vagabonda

Glendale, California
Level Contributor
125 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How risky is it to rent an apartment without A/C end August?

THanks Vagabonda - that's sort of what I was thinking. Think we'll do a hotel.

5. Re: How risky is it to rent an apartment without A/C end August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, December 12, 2009