We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches

Which Rapallo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Epping
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches

I have visited Monterosso in the Cinque Terra area which I love and am thinking of going to Rapallo in July.

What are the beaches like and how does it compare to the Cinque Terra area?

Is it a big town?How much do you have to pay to go on the beach.

Thanks for any information

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,334 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches

Lovely town not very blessed Beach Wise though. May be worth taking The short journey down to Sestri Levante for The better beaches

calif
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches

Hello Cudgey, I was wondering if you could give your advice about the best and cheapest place (hostel?) to stay in the area that has the most to offer (swimming, bars, close to transport and CT)? Is it best to stay in one of the CT villages or in SML or Rapallo? Two 22 year old guys first time in area and I want to get them the best opportunity for a great experience... they are leaving from Liguria to Berlin, which is also a discussion.

Rapallo, Italy
Level Contributor
158 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches

What do you like in a beach? If it's the sea, then there's quite a nice area for swimming and snorkeling: just walk until the very end of the sea promenade towards the east (Zoagli). Just before crossing the railway line, you'll notice a staircase on your right, leading down to the sea.

The beach is so so, but the sea is quite nice: many locals go there for sunbathing and swimming. Watch out when entering the sea, it's a bit slippery!

If it's the beach that appeals to you, then you should head to S.Michele di Pagana (it takes about half an hour from Rapallo to get there, there's also a trail from the bridge known as "Ponte d'Annibale"). Many famous people got married in the church of S.Michele di Pagana. The sea is also very nice, although sometimes I've seen jellyfish.

Needless to say, both beaches are public (free of charge)

Andy

( http://liguriah.wordpress.com )

Edited: 4:42 am, May 17, 2013
calif
Level Contributor
185 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches

thank you for your detailed reply!

Are there any hostels you know of that are good area/cheap in Rapallo or CT...?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
98,262 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches

Ostello Cinque Terre is a very good hostel in Manarola (Cinque Terre) - http://www.hostel5terre.com/

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g187819-d2861…

Vagabonda

6. Re: Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 23, 2014