We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian/Frech riviera places to see/things to do for 2 young

Which Portofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Italian/Frech riviera places to see/things to do for 2 young

Hello everyone,

I am flying with my sister end of May to Pisa to do the Italian/French Riviera.

We are thinking of starting from Cinque Terre and then go to Portofino.

Do you suggest we see more places in Italy?

Any suggestions for hotels in Cinque Terre & Portofino (not very expensive)

The trip will be in total 9 days.

Which places in French Riviera you suggest to see?

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions in advance.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,433 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian/Frech riviera places to see/things to do for 2 young

Both places that you plan to visit in both countries are popular tourist spots so try and get accommodations booked as soon as possible. For Cinque Terre try monasterystays.com for cheaper stay at monasteries or convents.

At the French Riviera stay in Nice, it is more centrally located and has buses and trains going to most of the towns and villages. There is also much to do in Nice itself. From Nice you can visit Monaco by bus or train. Then there is Antibes, Canne, Eze Village and more.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian/Frech riviera places to see/things to do for 2 young

There are no inexpensive hotels in Portofino. Try Santa Margherita Ligure (Hotel Fasce is quite reasonable) or Rapallo and take buses/boats to Portofino

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,970 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian/Frech riviera places to see/things to do for 2 young

Was just in Portofino for a couple of hours, while I thought it was breathtaking enchanting, it is also extremely expensive, and I normally don't mind spending for enjoyment and convenience. You have to add that as "cost of ambiance". Hence it is a great place to marvel at the blue waters and smell the jasmine, but stay elsewhere.

Bordighera, Italy
Level Contributor
13 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian/Frech riviera places to see/things to do for 2 young

I suggest you to visit cinque terre / Portofino and than move to French Riviera but stay in BORDIGHERA !! You can easily visit mentone, Monaco, nice and canned this city are within one hour from the spectacular town of BORDIGHERA ! This town was the city of great artist such as Monet,bicknell, garnier... You can feel it still now ! Infact it's a very popular place look at villa elisa

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian/Frech riviera places to see/things to do for 2 young

Thank you very much everyone! :)

6. Re: Italian/Frech riviera places to see/things to do for 2 young

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 26, 2014