We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel splendid,splendido mare or grand hotel Miramare

skymutt
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Hotel splendid,splendido mare or grand hotel Miramare

Looking for opinions, are either of the Splendido hotels worth paying so much more than the Hotel Miramare in Santa Margherita?

Opinions on each hotels location and facilities would be appreciated. It is for my husband and me, we love a view and a quiet place with access to walking to restaurants at night.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,422 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel splendid,splendido mare or grand hotel Miramare

The Splendido certainly has the view but no access by foot to other restaurants as it is a fair way up the hill but has its own excellent but expensive restaurant and connects with a shuttle to theSplendido Mare. The Splendido Mare is on the harbour in the centre of Portofino so other restaurants in Portofino i.e Da Puny and Delfino are almost adjacent I think you can use the pool of the Splendido . The Grand Hotel Mirimare is on the coast road out of SML on the way to Portofino. It has a pool and private beach and you can walk to the centre of SML with its many restaurants in less than 10 mins. In the same hotel ratings are the Imperiale Palace in SML and the Excelsior in Rapallo.

2. Re: Hotel splendid,splendido mare or grand hotel Miramare

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, October 29, 2012