We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from St Margarita to Portofino

london
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train from St Margarita to Portofino

Is there actually a train station in Portofino? Or is there one in st Margherita?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
1,250 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Train from St Margarita to Portofino

We took the bus in one direction and walked back, the walk is very nice. We stopped along the way and I think it took us about an hour. Some of the walking path is along the road and some is on a maintained trail.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,954 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Train from St Margarita to Portofino

Info about the path to walk to Portofino (about 1.5 hours when I've done it as it is nice to stop and take in everything around me):

http://www.lifeinitaly.com/node/26749

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,185 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Train from St Margarita to Portofino

You could walk along the sea on the sidewalk (heavy traffic) for an hour, 4 km/2,5 miles.

Or you can take the 2 hour scenic hike. At Via Maragliano follow the red and white stripe trail markers (on rocks, walls - have to look!) up to the hills. At Cappelletta delle Gave, keep left. Past the castle, you'll arrive at Paraggi Beach. Take the Portofino trail in to Portofino.

Vagabonda

14. Re: Train from St Margarita to Portofino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 12, 2011