We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train travel to La Spezia

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
112 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Train travel to La Spezia

In September this year we will be leaving Venice by train hopefully going to La Spezia. Can someone tell me what train station in Venice we get the train to La Spezia please. Also does the train go straight to La Spezia or does the train go via Florence? Would we need to change trains anywhere?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,222 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Train travel to La Spezia

There are direct trains from Milan to la Spezia. But if you are going to the Cinque Terre from Milan you almost never go to la Spezia to change trains.

There are direct trains from Milan to Monterosso, and for the other four villages' stations you change trains at one of the stations between Genoa and Monterosso inclusive.

www.trenitalia.com will tell you where to change trains - click the UK flag for English before entering Milano Centrale to your destination village, and also enter your 'hour' of departure from Milan, e.g. enter '13' for 13.00.

Edited: 2:27 pm, January 04, 2014
Lisboa
Level Contributor
106 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Train travel to La Spezia

Just by accident I come to your review about to stay or not stay in Venice. I can't be more in according with your sapient and clever words. For a person doing such a trip from so farway to see Venice and stay in Mestre, is something out of this world. Mestre, as you said, is an industrial city with no interest at all!!!! I say also, that is a loss of time.

My compliments

mach4 lisboa

Maine
Level Contributor
378 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Train travel to La Spezia

I am interested in info in getting to Parma from La Spezia in mid October. Does this route run during this time? Online it doesn't show October. I am trying to figure out if I should fit in cinque terre before parma or alba. I can't find any direct route from CT to alba so was planning on going ct-parma- then renting a car and driving to alba. Please advise.

Maine
Level Contributor
378 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Train travel to La Spezia

I am interested in info in getting to Parma from La Spezia in mid October. Does this route run during this time? Online it doesn't show October. I am trying to figure out if I should fit in cinque terre before parma or alba. I can't find any direct route from CT to alba so was planning on going ct-parma- then renting a car and driving to alba. Please advise.

Maine
Level Contributor
378 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Train travel to La Spezia

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Train travel to La Spezia

There is a change of Timetables on 14 June. You cannot get information on trains past that date at present. Put in a date earlier than that to find out the present timetable, there should not be much change later.

17. Re: Train travel to La Spezia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 27, 2015