We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

Which La Spezia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

I think we arrive the La Spezia Centrale train station and how can we reach the My One Hoel La Spezia in Via XX Settenbre 81?

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

You can either take a taxi from the station or it is a 15 minute walk

HK
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

Thanks for the information. Will it be a easy walk from the station to hotel (we heard that the hotel is located uphill) ?

This is our first time to visit La Spezia/Cinque Terre and will spend 2 nights here then go to Milan. Actually there is only one whole day to enjoy the place (first and the last day will used up by train time/travelling etc.). Any recommendation where to go in the limited time, thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

Are you locked into staying at that hotel? I ask because I remember loathing industrial La Spezia nearly as much as I loved the Cinqueterre. I would recommend arriving a little earlier and staying in one of the charming five towns instead. Trains run regularly between the towns themselves so you can make one your base while still exploring the others. (Or one other, if a day is all you have.)

HK
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

I didn't lock in this hotel but it seems not easy to find other accomodations in Cinque Terre (5 towns) from the web-site. Any recommentations and we are the budgeted travellers? Thanks.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

The hotel can be reached walking down the main pedestrianised shopping street from the station Via Prione which is flat. I have a number of friends that have stayed there and all have found it to their liking.

As for loathing industrial La Spezia what is there to loathe about it ? There is no industry in the city centre that covers the area from the train station all the way down to the tourist port. There is a medieval castle (actually the hotel is below it) and a number of museums and pedistrianised streets and squares and a lovely new marina but no factories to my knowledge.

HK
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

Dear all, thank you very much for all the information. Best Regards.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

Cudgey: It could be that for me, La Spezia simply paled in comparison to the lovely Cinqueterre...

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

Thats fine I understand the two are not comparable one is a moden Italian City whereas the other is a collection of charming villages that form part of a Unesco World heritage centre as well as being in a national park. it was the use of the word loathe that threw me as if La spezia occupied the bottom ring of Dantes inferno

Now Los Angeles for instance may not be may favourite city but I certainly do not loathe it and there are parts of it I actually like. even though In my opinion it Pales against San francisco but then again that is just my opinion.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

I am currently staying in My One Hotel and have been traveling to the Cinque Terre towns for the past 3 days. My reason for choosing this hotel was the price and the fact that it had free internet, whereas I could not find any hotel or B&B in 5-Terre that had ANY internet. This is a deal-breaker for me, but I realize not everyone needs internet.

If you are carryin or rolling luggage, I would suggest taking a taxi from the train station, unless you are very young and very fit. The hotel is situated in the "old", historic part of town, although it itself is quite modern. So no worries about "industrial" intrusions.

You can get a slightly discounted 2-day Cinque Terre train pass at the station -- travel all you like within the 5-Terre corridor for 2 days.

HK
Level Contributor
37 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Train from Rome to La Spezia stay in My One Hotel La Spezia

Thank all for the good advice, regards.