We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Joining our Cruise ship in Genoa

Wales
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Joining our Cruise ship in Genoa

Hello I wonder if someone can help. I have a couple of queries

We join our cruise ship in Genoa and we estimate we shall be onboard by about 12pm as our flight is rather early. Its a fly cruise organised by the cruise company so we shouldn't have to hang around to board.

Apparently the ship does not sail till 21.00 so we thought we could use the afternoon to do a little bit of sightseeing Is there a supermarket nearby to the cruise port we could pop to to get the essentials - some soft drinks to have with our drinks in the cabin and a few bits of snacks...I read that there was one in one of the terminals but I don't know which one.

I have some mobility issues in that I can't walk far or uphill; on reading various websites it says that the Old Port is uphill from the cruise port - are there taxis easily available to get up there ? and would we be able to get one back or is it easy enough to walk downhill ? Would we be able to buy our bits in the old town or is a supermarket better.

And finally - I know this is not the right forum but we are visiting Livorno the next day the 1st May and were thinking about taking a tour to Pisa - which goes on the trolley bus but I have just read somewhere else that it is Labor Day and everything public will be closed ? Can anyone point e to where it has the opening hours of the "Field of Miracles" - I can post this question on the Pisa board if better.

Thank you for your help

Wales
Level Contributor
45 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Joining our Cruise ship in Genoa

Thats great - thank you for all your help - much appreciated

12. Re: Joining our Cruise ship in Genoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 05, 2015