We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Milan to Genoa

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Bus from Milan to Genoa

I would like to know if there is a bus service that runs from Milan to Genoa. I realise there is a train but it is at an unsuitable hour in the middle of the day - can anyone tell me please, does a bus run exist and where do I find a booking site.

Thank you

Turin
Level Contributor
7,686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Milan to Genoa

We're talking about the financial capital of Italy and the main port, here. Trenitalia runs 18 trains from Milan to Genoa on working days. The first one leaves at 6:10 AM, the last at 9:10 PM. What site are you using?

The only bus I know about leaves once a day from Malpensa Airport.

Edited: 8:15 am, April 02, 2014
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,626 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Milan to Genoa

You are seeing the one Frecciabianca train a day between Milan and Genoa on the trenitalia website.

This is either because you are looking at a date past June 13, when timetables change and the times of Intercity and Regional trains are not yet online. Or because you are using the Frecce version of the website in Italian.

To see the normal timetable, which will change little or at all after June 13, click the UK flag for English, and use a date before June 14.

Edited: 10:04 am, April 02, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Milan to Genoa

Thank you so much for this information and yes, I was extremely surprised to find such limited offerings. This clarifies things wonderfully

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Milan to Genoa

Yes I was looking at a date past June 13th so will try your suggestion - would you be kind enough to confirm the web site I should be looking at ?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
30,626 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Milan to Genoa

www.trenitalia.com clicking the UK flag for English and entering your 'hour' of departure e.g. enter '13' for 13.00

6. Re: Bus from Milan to Genoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 04, 2015