We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genoa to Rapallo

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Genoa to Rapallo

Could someone please advise me how to get from Genoa airport to Rapallo? Is it worth hiring a car, get a taxi or get the trains/bus? Any information & details or websites would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

There are many possibilities. The most straightforward economical way is to take the airport bus www.airport.genova.it/v2/index.php… to one of the two main train stations in Genoa, Genova Piazza Principe or Genova Brignole (Principe FS and Brignole FS on the bus map) or taxi to Ge PP, then train.

For train times, see http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html - entering a specific Genova station rather than Genoa, to avoid confusing results. There are plenty of trains which take from 30 minutes. To see all fares, use a date this week as fares for the Regional trains without reserved seats are NA online more than seven days in advance. Buy tickets in Genoa.

The airport website also has a car rental with driver page, but get quotations - this could cost €150.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

Many thanks for the info. Hope I could ask some more questions - is the beach in Rapallo accessible/do they charge for sun beds etc.? The hotel we've booked does not have a pool. Thanks to whoever can help.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,190 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

These are the free beaches …rapallo.ge.it/UploadedFiles/…20.pdf some of which may also have sunbed hire.

Pay beaches at www.comune.rapallo.ge.it/interna_AT.asp… under Stabilimenti Balneari, some with clickable links.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

Hi all,

I am arriving in Genoa airport in mid April and looking for ways to get to Rapallo. As I am claustrophobic, I am looking for ways to avoid long tunnels. Can you please tell me whether long tunnels are in the route and if yes, is the ferry an option?

Thank you!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,190 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

There is no ferry. There are tunnels on the railway line, and even more on the autostrada (toll highway).

If you wish to avoid tunnels completely, rent a car and drive on the old and slow route, through central Genoa around the port, then on the coast road SP1 via Aurelia through Bogliasco and Recco. Or get a private hire car to take you that way, which is likely to cost more than the usual route as it will take at least twice as long.even though it is probably a shorter distance.

6. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:28 am, March 17, 2012
Edited: 9:28 am, March 17, 2012
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,190 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

It is also possible to go the coastal route cheaply by local bus, though it will take a long time and not be convenient with large luggage.

Take the airport bus (volabus) to the end of the line at Brignole Station www.airport.genova.it/v2/index.php…

Then a bus from very nearby in Piazza Verde to Recco, then another bus to Rapallo http://www.atp-spa.it/cartina.php - click the Recco area of the map for the easiest way to find the two bus routes from Genoa to to Recco and from Recco to Rapallo..

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

Thank you very much for getting back to me so promptly!

It seems to be quite compliacated with the bus but I will try to figure it out!

Or alternatively, I will also check for private hires and request a specific route avoiding the autostrada.

Also, do you happen to know if the tunnels in the autostrada are very long? (how many km's is the longest one?)

Thank you!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,190 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

At a guess, the longest tunnel on the autostrada is over 2 km long and there are several around 1 km.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,190 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Genoa to Rapallo

My guess was right - just over 2 km at Monte Castellato http://www.lotsberg.net/data/italia/A12.html

Edited: 9:55 am, March 20, 2012