We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

if you go to Genoa

Los Angeles
9 posts
Save Topic
if you go to Genoa

I am from Genoa or Genova Nervi, the city has some museums, very few americans around, best place to visit are portofino and 5 terre also check out rapallo and sestri levante summer nights are great...also the city center (old) is a popular young spot at weekend nights

Seattle
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: if you go to Genoa

Hello,

Perhaps you can help me. I am flying to Genoa on 18 Sept afternoon. I want to see Portofino and get a taste of Italy before heading west to Toulouse France. I must be in Toulouse at noon 20 Sept. I have a EurailPass. Is this possible? Any suggestions are welome.

vancev@hotmail.com

Los Angeles
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: if you go to Genoa

To go from the train station to portofino you need a car or a bus, it should take you about 15/20 max to get there, you see Portofino is a hidden little village away from all the trafic and noise (train included). I think you can make, however if you want a total peace of mind why not check out 5 terre? you'll love it maybe even more not only you can see the best ones riomaggiore and and monterosso and vernazza but there is a very romantic walk right on the sea called via dell'amore and....as soon as you step off the train you are there !

Paris, finally!
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: if you go to Genoa

Check out Porto Venere! It's stunning!

San Diego, CA
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: if you go to Genoa

Guy 90026-

Could you please tell me if Hotel Europa is nice in Genoa?? A friend told me it is a reasonable place to stay for the price. We will also be visiting the 5 Terre....any places that you could recommend that we stay along our route there? Also....where should we start in the 5 Terre?

Los Angeles
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: if you go to Genoa

hey guys I was just born in Genoa I haven't been in every hotel and i am not a travel agent just use your common sense and whatever you do, do not commint so that you can go to a place and if you are not happy you can change your mind 10 times

if you have questions about places i might help you but what do i know about hotles or timeschedule for train connections ?

Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: if you go to Genoa

You can check out http://www.trenitalia.com or http://www.bahn.de for the train schedules. The Italian site now has international connections noted. I have stayed in the Hotel Acquario and Hotel Colombo in Genova, and both have been small, but clean. Colombo has a lift, the other has only stairs. Both are conveniently located to the Centro Storico. Genova is a beautiful place to visit if you know the history and you have a working knowledge of the city. If you just want to see Italia, I recommend Camogli for stunning pictures, and it is easy (15/20min) to reach by train from Genova. The other recommendations are very nice as well. Make sure to eat traditional trenette, farinata, and focaccia while in Genova.

Buon viaggio!