We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What about Recco or Camogli??

Which Genoa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
34 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
What about Recco or Camogli??

Hi, I would like to ask is a Recco good place to stay for a 2-3 days? I have never been in this part of Italy. What about beaches? Is a Recco rather "loud' or "silent" place? It means are there clubs?? disco etc??

And what about transport from Genova? I think that we take a train from Genova. IS there public transport (buses) to Portofino?

Thanks

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,883 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What about Recco or Camogli??

No village in the area is particularly 'loud'. I would suggest Camogli rather than Recco, because Recco is the only town on the Riviera which was bombed flat during WW2, so it was rebuilt from scratch and consequently lacks character. In any event, there are both bus and train connections from Genoa to both R. and C., and from there to Portofino (via Santa Margherita Ligure). Local bus schedules are on www.tigulliotrasporti.it.

Also, checko out the Monte di Portofino regional park - www.parks.it/parco.portofino/Eindex.html

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
266 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What about Recco or Camogli??

I completely agree with FF .. Camogli is the best option

3. Re: What about Recco or Camogli??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 am, August 30, 2009