We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where To Stay In Genoa

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
655 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Where To Stay In Genoa

I am planning a trip to Genoa in early August. I am interested in its culture and would like to stay in an area that is easily accessible to museums and historical sights.

I am looking for an area that would be safe for a single woman to walk around during the early evening.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,691 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

In the early evening you should be safe anywhere, unless you disappear down blind alleys.

But you might feel more comfortable staying around the via XX Settembre area, e.g. the Bristol Palace with its broad shopping and commercial streets.. Or if staying in the old town, in the higher eastern area around the Best Westerns where there is little visible prostitution.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
655 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

Thank you Perilizia. The two Hotels that I am considering are the Best Western Hotel Metropoli and the NH Genoa Centro. Which would you recommend in terms of museums, sights, and restaurants?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,691 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

The Best Western is marginally more convenient for all.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
655 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

Thank you. I have just looked at the Bristol Palace as you suggested. It is now one of my choices.

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
7,775 posts
729 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

Hi Lyricaldove

If you want to stay in a safe place in old town give a look at this beautiful B&B really closed to Rolli Palaces

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g18…

To reach it you have to make a short staircase but it's worth it

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
655 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

Matteo, thank you for the suggestion. I will look at it, but stairs with luggage might be difficult for me.

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
580 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

We just stayed at the BW Metropoli end of May and we loved the location for being so close to everything you will want to see. Felt safe but I still wouldn't suggest walking around alone in the late evening.

I hope you enjoy Genoa as much as I did.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
655 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

Franang, thank you for your reply. I was considering the BW Metropoli but will most likely stay at the Bristol Palace. I wasn't planning on walking around late at night after reading about certain areas not being safe. I'm a New Yorker and would not walk around certain areas of my city.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
655 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

Perilizia, I booked the Bristol Palace Hotel for my stay in August. Thank you for the suggestion.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,691 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Where To Stay In Genoa

Hope you enjoy it. It always looks nice when passing by.