We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains - to and from Vernazza

Which Vernazza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trains - to and from Vernazza

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I will be coming to Vernazza from Florence on 25th June and then traveling from Vernazza to Milan on 26th June. I've managed to complete train bookings for all other legs of my journey except this part. My understanding is regional trains cannot be booked before a week of travel. Does that hold true for Intercity as well? Should I keep checking the trenitalia website for these tickets/can I book once we reach Florence (my understanding is price remains the same for regional trains?).

Thanks!

Neha

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains - to and from Vernazza

There is a timetable change on 8 June, and Trenitalia has not yet loaded times for all trains after that date. You could keep checking the web site, but it would be just as easy to buy the tickets in Florence. You will not get any significant discount on these InterCity fares by buying in advance.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains - to and from Vernazza

The Base fare for a direct InterCity train from Monterosso to Milan is €26. Discounted fares start at €9, and will be available at that price immediately the InterCity schedules for this route appear online.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trains - to and from Vernazza

Perfect! Thank you so much for the update :)

4. Re: Trains - to and from Vernazza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 04, 2014