We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms with A/C? Is it important in August?

Salem, OR
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rooms with A/C? Is it important in August?

We will be spending 3 nights in Vernazza this summer, August 1-4.

For those of you have visited Vernazza before, is it important to book a hotel with air conditioning? We have heard it can be very warm with out a breeze to cool at night. Thanks KS

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms with A/C? Is it important in August?

Well, I suppose it depends on what you're used to, but I would say it would be quite uncomfortable without air con, or at least a GOOD ceiling fan or two (or three!). For one thing depending on what direction your room faces you'll find it gets very hot during the day even with the shutters down and when you come back from a long hot day you'll want to be able to cool down! And at night, too - by August the temperature will stay fairly high at night, although you might get a breeze off the coast. But with no air con you'd want to leave your windows open...

There's a site called Weather Underground that will give you temperatures in Aug over the past few years. Not sure if they have a weather station specifcially at Vernazza, I would doubt it, but looking at Genoa should give you an idea.

Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms with A/C? Is it important in August?

Hello keno

of course depending of the position is the room In august coming the breeze from the sea during the night.

ask at roomvernazza @hotmail.it may be can you find what you need

ciao mino

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms with A/C? Is it important in August?

keno -

I've been in Salem in the summer - I think you'll be happier with A/C - I'm not sure you'll get much sleep otherwise.

4. Re: Rooms with A/C? Is it important in August?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:43 am, August 13, 2009