We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Venice airport to St. Marks Square

Newmarket, Ontario
3 posts
Save Topic
Transport from Venice airport to St. Marks Square

We will be arriving at Marco Polo airport and are staying at a hotel just off St. Marks Square. Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get there, without a car? We know there are a number of options at differing costs. Which is the simplest?

Little Rock
Level Contributor
13 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Venice airport to St. Marks Square

The simplest & less expensive is the ATV, cost 3 Euro(Price was for last year, end of April). When you get out of the baggage claim area, turn left. One of the booth at almost the end of hall selling all kind of ticket. Ask for the ATV to Plaza Roma. Then go out side to find your bus. There also a mechine by the bus stop, you may be able to buy your ticket there. I am not sure how to do it. The ATV comes every 30 mins. The ride is 30 mins.

At the Plaza Roma, find the ticket booth to buy your 24 hours,3 days or a week ticket. There are different boats routes have a stop at St Marks. Pick out one that has fewer stops. I love slow boat. Validated your ticket before you get on the water bus for the first time(the boat called Vaporetto) & enjoy the scenic boat ride.

The ticket also good for vaporetto ride to Burano. It is a very colorful isle. Also go to Lido to walk around, I can not remember about having to pay for the bus fare in Lido.( I think you probably have to.)