We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comparing Vernazza Accomodations

Which Vernazza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Comparing Vernazza Accomodations

Here are some questions I'd like to run past the group:

I have found availability and good rates at these places:

- Camere Fontanavecchia (clean, attractive rooms)

- Rosa Camere (terrace view of main avenue)

- Il Pirata Rooms (balcony views)

- Franca Maria Rooms (near harbor)

- Camere Elisabetta (spectacular views from above town)

Everything looks so nice. I'd bet we can't go wrong. We're blessed to get to see Vernazza in the first place. But, if we can make wishes on top of that, we'd like 1) a balcony, though an amazing view is not essential, 2) a local vibe, doesn't have to be the most touristy place in town, and 3) a clean, well-kept place that's in a convenient location.

Ive read the TA reviews and rankings of each places, so here's the remaining question:

If location is good anywhere we go, then which place or places seem to balance the balcony/view outside the room with what's inside the room?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
263 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comparing Vernazza Accomodations

I think we've narrowed it down some more, so we'd like your comparisons of:

- Camere Elisabetta (apartment #9, spectacular terrace views from above town

- Rosa Camere (terrace view of main avenue)

- Franca Maria Rooms (apartment #6A, hidden in the neighborhood, no view from balcony)

Our hope is to have a balcony where we can enjoy a glass of wine, and a nice enough room to sleep in. We're read the TA reviews, so can anyone help us finalize these choices?

Thank you.

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Comparing Vernazza Accomodations

Hey - Vernaza is so tiny with only few (VERY HIP AND HAPPENING) bars - not a busy little town - what you see on the picture is what you get:) we stayed in Vernaza - beautiful! I did not have a balcony and spent most of the time outside of our unit (we rented an appartment from a nice lady there). One recommendation I have for you for these places is not to get a place higher up as you will have to be taking stairs to get there.. We didnt have suitcases (they were stored in Rome airport) - only carryones for this part of the trip.. but still - the stairs get you:)

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Comparing Vernazza Accomodations

OH - and view there is important! we had windows open into the main (and only) square right on that old church. Beautiful!

London, United...
Level Contributor
487 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comparing Vernazza Accomodations

I am totally in the same situation and choosing amongst Franca Maria Apt6A or Rosa Camere Apt No.4 or Camere Elisabetta. We're going for 1 night mid-October and I can't figure out which to book!

I love the views from the balcony but at the same time I want to be nearby the main square or at least have some window views facing it.

5. Re: Comparing Vernazza Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, October 28, 2012