We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Vernazza to Milan

Which Vernazza hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bos
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
From Vernazza to Milan

My wife and I are trying to leave from Vernazza and catch a 11 am flight to Milan..Is this possible? How would I do it? I found a train that leaves from Monterosso at 5:17 but I don't know if the trains leave earlier enough from Vernazza..Also, we need to get to the Malpensa airport? Please help because the italian websites for train service are very confusing..

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,732 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Vernazza to Milan

What is confusing? You go to www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html and look for trains from Vernazza to Malpensa. Use a travel date in the next 7 days to get costs on these local trains.

There is a train leaving Vernazza at 04.51 which would get you to Malpensa at 09.38 with changes at Sestri Levante and Milan Central. This would be early enough if your flight out of Malpensa is to a destination in Europe, but not if it is a flight to USA.

Bos
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Vernazza to Milan

This is great..ty

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,959 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: From Vernazza to Milan

Even for a European flight, this is risky. It only needs one one of the three trains to be delayed, and you could miss your flight. And if the flight leaves from Terminal Two at Malpensa rather than T1 where the train station is, you also have a further transfer to do at Malpensa.

The safe option is to stay the night nearer to the airport,.

4. Re: From Vernazza to Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, January 29, 2012