We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Reservation Quest.-pls help I want a perfect Honeymoon

Myrtle Beach, SC
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Train Reservation Quest.-pls help I want a perfect Honeymoon

Hello...we will be leaving Vernazza on Friday, Oct. 24 and headed to Rome. We already have our Eurail passes. A reservation is required on one of the trains. How far in advance should I make the reservation? We will only be in Vernazza for a day (coming from Florence. Can I wait and make the reservation from Florence or should I make it over the internet from my home in the US? Please help. I really want this to be a perfect honeymoon!!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,490 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Reservation Quest.-pls help I want a perfect Honeymoon

I may be wrong, but I don't think you can make this kind of reservation (i.e. without buying a ticket) online from trenitalia, the Italian rail operator. You will have no problems making it in Florence.

However this looks promising: 'http://www.raileurope.com/us/rail/fares_schedules/ says ' If you have a railpass and only need the reservations simply click in the box, found directly above the Search button, that states "Click this box if you have a Rail Pass." Once the box is checked you may proceed with your search.'

But whether it works or not will depend on whether Rail Europe have the train you want to take in their schedules, as they don't book on all trains run in Italy.

Colorado
Level Contributor
22 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Reservation Quest.-pls help I want a perfect Honeymoon

Our train to Vernazza required a reservation and we paid our 20 E for the reservation at a TI (tourist information center) as the small town we were in didn't have a booth at the train station. In other locations we just made it a day or two in advance at the train station but as we began to linger in some towns we wished we hadn't made some of the reservations so soon. You will have no problem making it in advance in Florence. I believe when you get to Vernazza you will wish for more time, we did.

vernazza
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Reservation Quest.-pls help I want a perfect Honeymoon

Hello

From La Spezia to Rome running many intercity trains

Many request seat reservation obbligatory (intercity plus...). Can you make reservation in Florence for the train you like cacthing. You will be paying about 3 euro each for the seat reservation

Good stay in Vernazza

mino

from vernazza

4. Re: Train Reservation Quest.-pls help I want a perfect Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 pm, October 10, 2009