We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

We leave tomorrow for Italy (!!!!!) and I'm trying to get last minute worries out of the way. We are driving to Vernazza from Florence and I understand that there is a small parking lot outside of town. I'm wondering if anyone knows the street this parking lot is on. We will have GPS and I'm just wondering what to plug into the GPS to get us there so we aren't driving around aimlessly. Any help appreciated! Also, does anyone have experience with the safety of these lots? Has anyone left a suitcase in the trunk for the night? We are only staying one night and if safe enough would love to just bring our back pack and leave the big suitcase in the trunk overnight but if this is a bad idea due to theft problems we will bring it with us. TIA!!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,232 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Mansfield, GA
Level Contributor
465 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

We parked there in May 2007. It is safe and should not be a problem but for my own peace of mind I don't know if I would leave a suitcase in the car overnight. When we arrived the parking attendent allowed me to drive down to the post office to drop my wife and our luggage off and drive back up to park the car. I then walked back down. It is not too far maybe 1/2 mile or so.

We also had a gps and I can't remember exactly how we programmed it to get us there but I think we just put in the town Vernazza and that worked. The gps is a great tool for driving and got us to the parking lot without a hitch. They charged 12,00 euro per night last year.

The parking lot is small and can fill up fast especially in the summer months and on the weekends. If you arrive during the week your chances are probably better for finding a spot. If the parking lot is full you could drive to Monterosso and probably find a place to park there and take the train to Vernazza.

The road to Vernazza is scenic but narrow. I enjoyed the drive but my wife was not too thrilled. I posted a short video of a portion of the drive if you wish to get an idea of how the drive will be. Here is the link to the video. Just click on the picture and it should begin.

www.tripadvisor.com/members-videos/fanotravel

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,232 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
112,312 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

fanotravel is absolutely correct on all points! (Hi fanotravel!)

Just follow the signs for Vernazza and the parking area is also signed and will be easy to find. The non-resident lot is about 500 metres above town and there is a shuttle that runs between the lot and Vernazza (€1,50 or free with the Cinque Terre Card).

Never (under any circumstances) should you ever leave luggage in the car in Italy - ever!!

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,232 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
California
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

Is there an address for this parking lot or will you find it just by driving to to Vernazza?

Thank you!!!

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,232 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
Mansfield, GA
Level Contributor
465 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

If you have a gps just plug in Vernazza as your destination and it will take you there.

If you do not have a gps then your map should show the road to Vernazza. The parking lot is just above the town as mentioned earlier. I would highly recommend a gps if you plan on doing a lot of driving while there.

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,232 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
977 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know how late this Vernazza parking lot stays open until... both on weekends and weekdays? How late does the shuttle back to the lot run?

I know a lot of people are discouraging us from driving to Vernazza, but I still want to explore all parking options before deciding.

Oh, and if anyone has used this lot more recently... what are they charging?

Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,232 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,454 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

Parking open 24/7

Last shuttle bus 20.00 according to Vernazza comune's website.

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
3,232 Reviews
Vernazza, Italy
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
977 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

Hi Perilizia!

Yikes! 8pm. That's not very late...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
977 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

Whoops! That's just for the shuttle part. Okay, I'm sure we can trek to the parking ourselves. Grazie, and I hope you are doing great!!

9. Re: Parking Lot outside Vernazza?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, February 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Vernazza