We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

Which Riomaggiore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

Hi there,

I need to travel by train from Turin through to Riomaggiore in August this year. Can I prebook online the Turin to La Spezia train ticket and then just buy the La Spezia to Riomaggiore train ticket when I arrive in La Spezia?

Is there a preferred website to do train bookings?

Cheers

Vanessa

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,679 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

You can buy tickets all the way from Turin to Riomaggiore, but you might not want to go through La Spezia. The train line through the Cinque Terre is the main line from Genoa to Pisa and Rome, so you would go past Riomaggiore on the way to La Spezia.

For the best prices, book direct with the train operator as far ahead as possible. Tickets go on sale 4 months before travel, and the cheapest tickets often sell out quickly. The discounted prices keep going up as the travel date gets closer.

You can get train times and costs from www.trenitalia.com clicking on the UK flag to change to English and looking for trains from Torino Porta Nuova to Riomaggiore.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

thanks for your advice!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,942 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

There are a few direct Regional trains with no reserved seats and no advance reductions, with an on-the-day price of €17.90, and other connections using Regional trains only with one change at the same price. You can't buy these online more than seven days in advance, and it is in any case better to buy tickets for them in italy, in which case the tickets are OK on any Regional trains on the route for two months until validated (time-date-stamped) before boarding.

However the direct trains are not necessarily a good idea. They take 4.5 hours, and have no refreshment facilities. Connections using an Intercity train (with reserved seats and usually with a rolling refreshment trolley) and a change at e.g. Genoa or Sestri Levante can sometimes be more comfortable. as the change of train can provide a welcome break.

Whitehorse, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

Help

I am trying to book from Turin to Riomaggiore on July 30 and returning on Aug 2. I really don't get the treitalia site. I try to book for July 30th but then I get a listing with asterisks saying solution apples to the next day?

Can anyone help me figure ths ou?

B

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,679 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

You need to set the "Hour" field to a low number. It defaults to the time on your computer, which at present is late night so you are seeing the next day's trains.

Whitehorse, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

Thank you. I'll try again.

7. Re: Train from Turin to Riomaggiore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 24, 2014