We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WWII Bunkers - Riomaggiore

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
WWII Bunkers - Riomaggiore

Are there plans to open the WWII bunkers pathway? We plan on being there in the spring of 2013.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: WWII Bunkers - Riomaggiore

In Monterosso there were 3, two still around (one nicely decorated by candlelight by a nearby restaurant, which is always comical to me) that you can see if you want to - as for actually going inside and poking around that one, I never saw anyone do it as I was once told it's not allowed and "private property".

Summersville, West...
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: WWII Bunkers - Riomaggiore

cm28, thank you so much!

Boston...
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: WWII Bunkers - Riomaggiore

Perhaps the railroad tunnel bike trail from Framura to Levanto would interest you. It's just north of CT. Read this story about it's connection to WWII. apathtolunch.com/2012/04/liberation-day-ameg…

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: WWII Bunkers - Riomaggiore

This is incredibly interesting, Mike, thank you for sharing!

5. Re: WWII Bunkers - Riomaggiore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 20, 2013