We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
20 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

Hi,

We were hoping to visit CT and were considering a place in Vernazza. I'm concern about the destruction from the floods. Can anyone tell me if the trails from Vernazza have been rebuilt or where I can find this information? Is the town up and running again?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
Cinque Terre, Italy
United States
Level Contributor
9,865 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

Check out the Save Vernazza site for current information and photos. I was there in May and some things were up and running and ready for visitors. More places have opened since then. The trail from Vernazza to Corniglia has opened but trail openings are always weather dependent.

http://savevernazza.com/traveladvisor-2/

TAB

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
Cinque Terre, Italy
Corniglia
Corniglia
Cinque Terre, Italy
Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

The town is up and running and your visit would be appreciated. Tourist revenue is incredibly important to rebuilding Monterosso and Vernazza.

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
Cinque Terre, Italy
Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

I will be revisiting Monterrosso with two girl friends and would like to know what trails are open, I know these are weather dependent.

United States
Level Contributor
9,865 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

Use the link in post #1 for trail info.

Or the park website: parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_parco.asp

Or the Protezione Civile website:

protezionecivilemonterosso.it/sentieri.html

TAB

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

You can always catch the train or ferry to whatever town is at the start of an open trail. The train is up and running.

Edited: 4:10 pm, July 27, 2012
Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

This only gives info on Vernazza, I will be based in Monterroso and need info on all walks thanks

Mentioned in this post
Vernazza
Vernazza
Cinque Terre, Italy
United States
Level Contributor
9,865 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

The links I gave are for all the trails in the Cinque Terre. The Save Vernazza link has changed but the others are direct to the trail maps.

savevernazza.com/traveladvisortrailupdates/

TAB

Mentioned in this post
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

It won't matter what you research now. The day you get there there may be a landslip that wipes out a trail. They happen all the time after rain. The country side is very steep and rugged. When you get there you will see what I mean. Just plan to go and stay and decide on the trails to walk when you get there.

Or it will be raining and you won't want to do a walk that day.

I am the most planner fixated person but in Italy it is good to go with the flow. : )

Edited: 6:05 pm, July 27, 2012
Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

Thank you for your response, I was there last year and agree that it is best to go with the flow, having a train strike for one day and too much swell for the ferries on another day, so missed out on two of the walks, hence the return. Also I have raved so much about this region of Italy that two girl friends are coming with me and don't want to disappoint them . I am happy to support the Cinque Terre through these troubled times.

Mentioned in this post
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Wicklow, Ireland
Level Contributor
71 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cinque Terre Trails from Vernazza

Thank you, but the Italian websites are notoriously forever out of date, so was just wondering if there were any travellers there recently. I was there last year with my sister before the floods and we agreed we would return to support them.

Get answers to your questions about Riomaggiore