We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Which Riomaggiore hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Hello, i am a female in my early twenties, and planning on traveling to cinque terre for 2 days/two nights in a few weeks. Which of the towns would be more suited / safest for me to stay at while travelling alone. I like the idea of somewhere not too touristy and by the sea, like riomaggiore, but dont know if it is best suited for walking around alone / dining alone etc. Thankyou.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

The towns in Cinque Terre are quite small and I can't imagine not being and feeling safe, except possibly in the middle of the night.

All of CT is touristy and all of it is near the sea, though Corniglia is high up the hill. But Riomaggiore is more of a real town and would be a good choice for you.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Hi, I just arrived in Riomaggiore solo female last night and it is very safe. I have wandered last night round town and to the marina for dinner and it was fine. All the staff are nice ... As long as you are, like anywhere I guess! And they all speak basic English but make sure you make an effort first in Italian even just Buongiorno/Serra etc It is only polite after all and I think they do appreciate it. I got a room with shared bathroom for 40euro very nice modern and super clean. Great for 3 nights and typical breakfast included.

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Sweet thanks. I figured it would be fine, but after having been robbed in barcelona im just a bit more wary. Where did u find a place for 40 euros? it sounds really good, i have been struggling to find anything less than 100-150.

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

While not the best way to do things I just turned up and asked around. There are still quite a few vacancies around but wouldnt trust it say in June.It is basically a private apartment and Sergio (older gent - he is very sweet) has two rooms. One double for couples and one with two singles which is the one I got. He likes to keep it very quiet ie: no loud party types. He is only here six months of the year and the rest of the time he lives in france so more of a word of mouth thing than a formal tourism business. Again not the best way to go and I would normally support local tourism association members etc blah blah .... But it just happened and I lucked out. Btw it is 9.30pm here and I have just had a sunset drink then dinner (and local DOC wine) and wandered from the marina through the railway tunnel that splits the two sides of the village and felt really safe. I hear the only problem is loud drunk Aussies in september!! Go figure!! Let me know if you want Sergio details and I can ask him if I can send them on privately. Ciao

Toronto, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Everywhere is safe cute and wonderful!

but of course- the bigger towns have more dark places:)

I still highly recommend Vernaza. you can take the train and even boat taxi (very very cheap!) to differenct towns or hike.. I havent seen anything crazy there at all...

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Hi,

The address/contact would be great thanks.

Eric

Mooloolaba

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Hi Ducati,

Would you have the accommodation contact for me please.

Regards Eric

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
8 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Sorry out riding ducats in the hills around Lucca....AWESOME

So contact for room with shared bathroom for 40 euro for single is with Sergio Cantrigliani Phone Italy 3201 490790. Unfortunately he does not have email.

Address: Via Telemaco Signorini, 643, 19017 Ripmaggiore, Cinque Terre.

Cheers Robyn

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Many thanks Robyn.

Regards Eric

Mooloolaba...
Level Contributor
12 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to stay in cinque terre - young female travelling solo

Hi Robyn,

My wife and daughter had two weeks in Levanto, at Larosa B&B. Nice and handy to Cinque Terre, Less frenetic and touristy. Loved it.

Eric