We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Riomaggiore

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Riomaggiore

We are visiting for 4 nights in early June. Can someone suggest great local restaurants, not tourist oriented, for great seafood and ligurian pasta? Do we need reservations?

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

On the left hand side of this page click on Riomaggiore Restaurants for lots of suggestions, prices and menu items.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,228 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

Riomaggiore exists for tourists, as do all the other Cinque Terre villages. You can get good meals, but all the restaurants cater for tourists.

Madison, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
263 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

In old Monterosso on Via Venti we had a wonderful dinner - Ristorante Via Venti. They had typical Ligurian specialties as well as more familiar dishes.

The Seafood Ravioli was amazing, as were the anchovies if you dare :)

Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

I am on my first trip to Italy and staying in Riomaggiore. Currently sitting in a cafe at Riomaggiore down by the marina waiting for sunset with a glass of Prosecco. Had dinner last night down here at La Lanterna. The fish was cooked to perfection 'Ligurian' style and they have a blackboard with what is fresh for the day. I might go back tonight...coming from Queensland I am picky about my seafood and it was good.

Jervis Bay...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

ducati girl.

Wow sounds great. I only have 5 days to go before I leave.

Thanks for the review. Is it cold over there?

Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

Hi Aussieastrogirl, it's cool in the mornings and night but quite warm during the day especially if you are out walking the trails. Definitely need hat and sunscreen! Probably worth bringing a light wind/rain jacket just in case although the rain is not predicted to be bad. I found Underground Weather site to be pretty good with a 7-10 day forecast.

Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

seafood update : just talking to some locals and apparently the commercial fisherman have caught their quota for the season largely due to high demand with the late Easter period. What this means is that there may not be lots of fresh local fish around in the restaurants so ask around if you really want fresh fish. Tried the anchovies (from Monterosso) done in oil (lots of oil in everything here its what they are known for!) parsley, tomatoes and they were really tasty followed by Ravioli Tre Pesci (3 fish) done in tomato sauce with clams and crab. Very Nice with DOC Cinque Terre wine. Off to catch the ferry and have lunch in Monterosso.....living the dream!

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

Hi Ducati749girl,

You are living the dream!

I saw another post stating that Trail 2 was closed. Do you know if that it true? We are there in a month and can't wait.

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
90 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

When I was there last week, the Corniglia-Manarola stretch was closed due to a landslide. That stretch can be replaced by a more strenuous hill walk or be done by train. I don't know how soon it will reopen.

Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Riomaggiore

Yeah that's right, it's only that section although you can walk from Corniglia for about 700m-1km which gets you around the headland for a few photos of Manarola and the landslide (look for the house right next to it....mamma Mia)

Get answers to your questions about Riomaggiore