We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Via dell'Amore Open?

Weston, Florida
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
612 posts
136 reviews
Via dell'Amore Open?

I know the path has closed from time to time over the years with the rain and mud slides so, just checking before I go in May. Thank

15 replies to this topic
Genoa, Italy
2 posts
1. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

This path is closed since 2012! And will not be opened this year. But there are a lot of other trails to do! Check more:

parconazionale5terre.it/Esentieri-outdoor.php

bestofcinqueterre.com/en/popular-hiking-rout…

www.incinqueterre.com/en/trails-advice

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
13,234 posts
113 reviews
2. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

According to recent press reports, works should start on the Via dell'Amore this fall (2017), with an opening date tentatively set in 2019. We are talking about major engineering works, costing over 5 million euro.

Weston, Florida
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
612 posts
136 reviews
3. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

Oh that's too bad! I must have gotten to see it just before that closure, I was there in May 2011. Thanks for that update.

Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
8,591 posts
739 reviews
4. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

Now there's an alternative trail 531 from Manarola to Riomaggiore but nothing compare to Via dell'Amore

Brighton and Hove...
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
Level Contributor
7,167 posts
80 reviews
5. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

The Via dell'Amore apparently took 15 minutes to wander between the two towns - from Riomaggiore to Manarola is the best part of two hours very steep upwards then very steep downwards - you need to be fit!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
9,483 posts
364 reviews
6. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

@ XOITALY

If you like ferry boat, you can go from Riomaggiore to Manarola by ferryboat. Of course it is different from hiking, but tTe view is wonderful !

Perhaps you already konw this thing, but anyway I give you tuhis link to have more information

http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/en

Weston, Florida
Destination Expert
for Weston
Level Contributor
612 posts
136 reviews
7. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

Grazie Mariarita, you are very kind :)

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
166 posts
165 reviews
8. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

The Via dell'Amore has been closed for years. There is an alternative route but it is very up-and-down. Should take 45 mins to 1 hour.

2 posts
9. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

That one is also closed now. Too many hikers, not enough maintenance.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
79 reviews
10. Re: Via dell'Amore Open?

There is a very short section of the Via dell'Amore open in 2018 at the Manorola end but it is only a couple hundred yards at most. I.e., not much past the view over the train station. The Riomaggiore end is still closed.

Reply to: Via dell'Amore Open?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Riomaggiore