We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

italy with kids

Bellingham, WA
1 post
Save Topic
italy with kids

We are traveling to Italy and Spain next summer. We have the Spanish portion planned, but are debating what to do in Italy (and how to get there--train or rental car). We are considering the Cinque Terra area, Lake Como and Venice, but we will probably only be able to do one area. We are torn! Any recommendations or preferences of one area over the other WITH KIDS? The kids will be 5 and 8.

Thanks!

1. Re: italy with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:12 am, August 31, 2015
perth
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: italy with kids

MariaLuisa, have a look at the forum for Lucca. Lots of folk say kids love it there. When I saw Bellingham WA as your location I thought, "I live in WA but I don't know Bellingham" ,then figured your WA might mean Washington,(yes ? ) and mine means Western Australia. P.S. Lucca is an easy train trip to the Cinque Terre, half hour to Pisa ,- the bus seems to get lots of recommendations as does the bus to Florence, about an hour.

vernazza
Level Contributor
342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: italy with kids

Hello Marialuisa

I don't know how long you stay but in CT in Summer you don't use the car but swimming-diving.-kayating -walking by boat or train.

the same for Venice (it is wonderful walking in the alley and ship.

May be in the lake Como to go there .Anyway good planning

mino

from Vernazza CT

-

England
Level Contributor
2,317 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: italy with kids

Hi Maria.

Just come back from Tuscany with my kids. if you want to read my report of what they liked/disliked, it's at:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187893-i67-k74705…

They really liked Siena and San Galgano, ('sword in the stone'). However, the sightseeing/museums stuff wasn't really their thing, although they enjoyed some of it. With hindsight, I should have factored in a few days at the beach!

My ten year old is keen to go to Rome because of the Colisseum - yours might like it too.

Hope this helps a bit.

5. Re: italy with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, August 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare