We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help transport : monterosso to manarola

Which Monterosso al Mare hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
help transport : monterosso to manarola

hi, I am leaving to europe tmr.

and need ur help about my plan in cingue terre.

i just book train from milan to monterosso.

but i found out hostel in moterosso is too expensive for me.so, i decided stay in manarola.

my question is how far from monterosso to manarola?can i walk?

coz i try to book train, it just show 12 minutes ( i dont know how far the train speed is)

is there any other transport i can go manarola from monterosso?boat or ?any suggestion.

thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help transport : monterosso to manarola

The only practical ways of travelling between Manarola and Monterosso are by train or on foot, or in summer by boat. There is no road linking these villages.

There is no point in trying to book these trains in advance over the Internet. They are local (Regionale) trains that have no seat reservations (so tickets cannot sell out) and no discounts. Buy when you get there.

Edited: 11:55 pm, May 29, 2013
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,192 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help transport : monterosso to manarola

The cost of the ticket is €2.10. Buy from a multilingual Fast Regional ticket machine in Milan or Monterosso, to avoid lines at the ticket office.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: help transport : monterosso to manarola

thank you so much

4. Re: help transport : monterosso to manarola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare