We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train travels

LaGrange, Georgia...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
train travels

We are traveling from Milan to Monterosso by train. It appears there is a train that goes directly into Monterosso or we can take a train that goes to Genoa or LaSpezia and change trains. Can someone tell me which is the best route especially since we will have luggage to deal with?

Mentioned in this post
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Genoa
Genoa
Italian Riviera, Italy
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,633 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: train travels

The easiest route (every two hours approximately) is by direct train. Train times are not yet online for dates past June 8, but will probably be similar to now.

LaGrange, Georgia...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: train travels

Ok thank you. in the website, I cna't find schedules unless I put in dates. Where can I find schedules

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,633 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: train travels

Full schedules are not online unless purchased, and I wouldn't advise that as they are very large and very complicated, and require some knowledge of Italian to read all the necessary footnotes..

So you have to put in a date and time ('hour' - e.g. '13'=13.00). For planning make sure you use a date which is the the same day (e.g. a Sunday) as you are likely to be travelling.

4. Re: train travels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare