We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sant'Antonio del Mesco

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sant'Antonio del Mesco

Hi everyone,

I'm planning to do some wild camping in Cinque Terrre. I've found nice spot in the ruins of "Sant'Antonio del Mesco" (parconazionale5terre.it/sentieri_dett.asp…). I'd follow trail no 10 form Monterosso to Sant'Antonio, then spend a night on the hill and in the morning continue along tha trail no 1 to Levanto. Maybe somone local would know if this place is suitable for pitching a tent, isn't it too rocky? Are there any legal issues in doing so? I mean is this place outside of protected area or is it prohibited to camp there?

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sant'Antonio del Mesco

It's a mildly challenging hike up a rocky slope, but it's still part of the national park protected area and you can't camp there. There are campgrounds in the area, also in Levanto.

Warsaw, Warszawa...
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sant'Antonio del Mesco

Thank you for fast reply. Punta Mesa looks lovely and it would be ideal place for spending a night. But if it's protected area I won't risk breaching Italian law. Though I doubt if park rangers actually monitor the area 24h/7, especially during the nighttime.

I prefer pitching a tent in spots found along the way. It's more convenient and flexible. However as I see Cinque Terre is not suitable for wildcampers.

Edited: 6:28 am, April 10, 2013
Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sant'Antonio del Mesco

I mean, the odds of someone finding you and your getting in trouble are very, very slim, but better safe then sorry.

4. Re: Sant'Antonio del Mesco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Monterosso al Mare