We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

Which Manarola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jasper, IN
Level Contributor
35 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

So I understand this trail is currently closed. However, I'm curious how far up the trail you are allowed to go until you find the "trail closed" sign. I want to get that signature Manarola photo from the beginning of the trail. I just hope they allow you to walk far enough around to see this amazing view of Manarola!

Jasper, IN
Level Contributor
35 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

Thanks for the information. That's great news! I appreciate your response. Have a great day.

Lighthouse Point...
Level Contributor
967 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

So if I am understanding correctly the trail from Vernazza to Corniglia is open at this time?

3. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:04 pm, June 19, 2013
Jasper, IN
Level Contributor
35 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

Really? Do they have any barricades? Any others currently hiking it when you were on the trail?

5. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:04 pm, June 19, 2013
Jasper, IN
Level Contributor
35 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

That's fantastic. I'm glad you were fortunate to catch it on an open day! I'll be there from May 24-28, so I hope that it opens up briefly for me! I don't have high hopes though. Thanks again.

San Diego
Level Contributor
8 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

Hi--we stayed in Volastra May 11-18 and walked the trail from Manarola to Volastra and from Volastra to Corniglia with no trouble. The Manarola to Volastra leg is "ok" but the "joy to sweat" ratio--from my perspective--was just fair because the trail is almost entirely uphill. The Volastra to Corniglia leg (Trail 6d) is everything we came to Cinque Terre for--spectacular views, fairly light crowds, etc and mainly downhill. Just as a logistical point: my wife and I are both in our 60's and trim but not super-fit. The trail was "moderate to easy" for us most of the time. Highly recommended.

Downers Grove, IL
Level Contributor
281 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

I just looked at the link regarding what trails are open and wonder if someone can clarify the best direction to hike for us -- is is better to go from Vernazza to Monterosso than the opposite? I read that there is a steep grade change coming from Monterosso, can someone confrim this? Also, might there be a small section open from Vernazza to Corniglia?

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

Won't help you but we were at to locked gate in the north side of Manarola. We saw many people heading south from Corniglia. A couple were at the gate trying to climb around. Apparently the trail isn't THAT bad if the 10 or so survived.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manarola --> Corniglia Trail

@chewpei The Trail from Monterosso to Vernazza is steeper in that direction but the views looking down approaching Vernazza are regarded the best. The Trail between Vernazza and Corniglia has been open for most of this summer. The low level Trail between Manarola and Corniglia remains closed no date forecast for it to re-open.