We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report: When in Manarola

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
241 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report: When in Manarola

This could go for staying in Riomaggiore as well but we just got back from Italy and my husband and I stayed in Manarola for a couple of nights. The second night we went for dinner in Riomaggiore (walked there and back on the Via dell'Amore- maybe 25minutes) but the walk back was amazing. I want to mention this to anyone planning a romantic holiday as its such a nice walk back after dinner, the views are stunning and its so peaceful. The rocks below the trail are lit up and the stars light up the sky - it was quite breathtaking and extremely romantic.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip report: When in Manarola

Hi all - as predicted by you guys the trails were closed in late December. It didn't matter at all, we caught the regular trains and got to see all the villages which comprise beautiful Cinque Terre.

We might be a little biased but we thought Manarola was the winner for us out of the 5 - just exquisite! Will post a review of our amazing studio apartment with superb view. Absolutely breathtaking. Riomaggiore comes a close second. Can't wait to go back there one day!

Were blessed with some beautiful sunny winter days. All in all a fantastic experience (even without any trail walks) and would recommend Cinque Terre and Manarola in particular, in any season.

Seattle
Level Contributor
369 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip report: When in Manarola

Thank you so much for your review. We are planning two night stay in Manarola (mid April). We are looking to add another night. How many nights (or days) do you think to explore all 5 towns? The apartments we are looking at require a three night stay. Any recommendations for an apartment with view? Do you think the trail between Manarola and Rio will be open in April. Thank you for any help.

Edited: 3:21 pm, February 20, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Trip report: When in Manarola

Hi Maryseattle

We originally booked for 2 nights but thankfully were able to extend it to a 4 night stay. We did see every town and it can all be done in 3 days if that's all you have although I would recommend longer. The area really is gorgeous and was the highlight of out time in Italy.

We stayed at Studio Sciacchetra booked through www.Manarolavistamare.it which was stunning. See my review. You MUST stay there!

Sorry can't help regarding the walking trails, you might want to post your question to the general Cinque Terre forum nearer the time. Happy planning.

14. Re: Trip report: When in Manarola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 23, 2014