We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

San DIego
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

Does anyone know how difficult it would be to get a Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station? I have a 8am train i have to catch in La Spezia on 9/12/10 a Sunday, I dont see any trains from Manrola to La Spezia till around 830am on Trentalia. Is it possible to get a Taxi early Sunday morning? How long would it take? and around what would the cost be.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,468 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

There is an 06.32 train to la Spezia on Sundays, according to www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html

Any taxi you are able to call is likely to come from la Spezia, a thirty minute ride away, and be expensive.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

train run every half an hour through there from early AM even on Sunday

very cheap..go for that taxi would be a hassle and cost-prohibitive...

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

On Sunday, there are trains at 6:32 am and 8:30 am. That doesn't look like half an hour to me...

San DIego
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

Does anyone know what the cost of the Taxi would be? less than 50 Euros? It will be worth the extra to have a few extra hours of sleep....

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,468 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

Going by this http://www.radiotaxilaspezia.it/tariffe.htm possibly around €25-30 if it's on the meter, but as you're being picked up 15 km from la Spezia you might have to negotiate a fixed price instead which could well be higher..

Don't know where you get the 'few extra hours sleep.' I'd want to order the taxi for 7.15 at the very latest, so probably about one hour extra?

You could always get a later train from la Spezia to wherever you are going, simply changing your reservation if you already have one.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
3,384 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

You could also spend your last night at either the hotel venezia or the Firenze and continental which are less than 100 yards walk to La spezia Centrale

skaneateles,NY
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

The train on Sunday is only at 0632. I checked on a driver with our hotel and it will cost 100 Euros and take at least 45 minutes. So i guess we will get up early. See you on the train. We are going from Manarola to Venice on Sep 12. Where are you heading?

San DIego
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

Heading to Milan i need to get there by noon...so we can see the last supper...Have a wonderful time in Venice it is soooo wonderful there...

9. Re: Taxi from Manarola to La Spezia Centrale Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 18, 2011