We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dissapointed with food at Trattoria del Billys

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
481 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
dissapointed with food at Trattoria del Billys

Im sorry to post a negative one but this food and dining experience was a huge dissapointment. I feel reasonable qualified to comment on the food as I eat Italian all the time, my husband being Italian cooks traditional food and so do many of our friends. I took the recommendation from someone on trip advisor that Billys was a great place to eat. Well it was crap. I heard one of the owners proudly saying they made all the food. My husband had an entree of black pasta (one of his favourite dishes)It was tasteless. Black pasta has a distinct flavour from the cuttlefish or squid ink, My guess is, this had a large amount of parisienne added to make it so black...who knows? Ill never know? but I do know it was tasteless. and I had gnocci with pesto, the most stodgy heavy gnocci from a packet with a bottled pesto sauce yuk. Home made yeah right. Then my husband had a 1/4 inch thick or less piece of sword fish and I got 3 tiny pieces of veal in wine sauce on a plate. We ordered a salad too. It came to 62 euros for the worst food on the trip so far. I cant believe someone had a good meal there. The people on the next table had risotto that was, as runny as, in the bowl like porridge in water. I have to believe that a relative or someone must have posted the glowing reports I read earlier as this was bad.

We did eat the day before at a little restaurant half way down to the water in the middle of the others and that food was lovely. I havent got the name on me but if anyone requests it I will look it up. Now that was tasty food!

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: dissapointed with food at Trattoria del Billys

The skinny spaghetti either is spaghettini or angel hair, depending on just how skinny it is. Surely your Italian professional chef husband informed you of that.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
1,265 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: dissapointed with food at Trattoria del Billys

We had the best night at Billys back in late September 2008, the food and drink was great. There were at least 4 other couples from Australia the night we were there, in fact one couple came but from another CT village for their second evening. The waiter even gave us 4 free glasses of grappa to end the night, or as he put it "this will clean you out".

13. Re: dissapointed with food at Trattoria del Billys

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, October 12, 2009