We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

manarola - food costs?

Which Manarola hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
manarola - food costs?

Hi,

husband and i are hoping to head to manarola for the first time beginning of aug (crossing fingers!). What are food costs like, how much is it to eat in cinque terre on average for a seafood/vegetarian meal? Is there at least one grocer to buy things to make up in a kitchenette?

I think first week of aug is going to be crowded.. o_O oh well...its the only time we can make it...At least there's sun and sea! :)

Thanks all..!

Manarola, Italia
Level Contributor
60 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: manarola - food costs?

Food costs are not too bad, though some places are cheaper than others. There are two grocery stores in Manarola, one right out of the tunnel and a co-op farther up the hill.

Most restaurants will have their menu outside the door, and one of the nice things about the cinque terre is that if you don't find a restaurant that is appealing to you in one town, it is only a 5-15 minute train ride to the other cinque terre, where there are other options! As for vegetarian/seafood, there should be no problems. The cinque terre are right on the water, so seafood is plentiful.

Nicola (acasa)

Manarola, Italia
Level Contributor
60 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: manarola - food costs?

I also forgot to mention that August is when Italians take their vacations, so you may encounter less options because some restaurants close down. This is the same for many stores and shops all over Italy.

best,

Nicola

3. Re: manarola - food costs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:24 am, October 05, 2009