We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying in Volastra

Somerset England
Level Contributor
55 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Staying in Volastra

My two friends and myself have been offered a really spacious place in Volastra in April. I am wondering if anyone has stayed there as we will have no car and it may be a little isolated but vey beautiful.

We like going out in the evening and I am unsure whether we should stay for a whole week. Any comments?

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying in Volastra

I have stayed there. It is a quaint little village and only one restaurant to eat. You are about 1000 ft straight up from Manarola in the Cinque Terre, maybe a 2 mile drive down. We had a car, but we used the shuttle bus that came every hour...I think the first shuttle bus left around 7 am and You had to catch it back by maybe 10 (summer hours). We took the shuttle down to Manarola, and from there you can catch a train for a quick ride to the other 4 Cinque Terre villages, or of course you can walk on the hiking trail between villages. In the summer it was nice because the villages can get very crowded. I would stay there again. Good luck, Renzo

santa rosa, ca
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying in Volastra

Where did you stay? Couldn't find the name. Donna

Manarola, Italia
Level Contributor
60 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying in Volastra

Volastra is the charming, peaceful village above Manarola. The easiest way to get to-from there is with the shuttle bus. There is a trail that you can walk down through vineyards all the way to the top of manarola. It doesn't take more than 45 minutes and it is quite enjoyable. Don't do it at night, though, it is too dark to see the steps.

Nicola (from acasa)

4. Re: Staying in Volastra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:27 am, October 03, 2009