We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it too early to book La Toretta?

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is it too early to book La Toretta?

I'm planning our first visit to Italy this year and have decided that La Torreta is the place for us in CT after reading all the great reviews. Despite 3 attempts at emailing them over 3 weeks about a reservation, I have yet to receive a reply. Is this because we're not arriving until July 08 or have they closed for the winter??!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated....many thanks!

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,661 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it too early to book La Toretta?

I doubt they are closed now though may be in January. I have found over the years that Italian Hotels appear reluctant to accept bookings more than 6 months in advance. I now wait until about 5 months before I wish to travel before telephoning to book - e-mails are easier to ignore.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it too early to book La Toretta?

Hey Robert, thanks for that. I'll leave it a few weeks and try again.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
23 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it too early to book La Toretta?

suedie56, I also used La Torretta's online reservations form for a stay in May 2008 and never heard back from them. I sent them an email on November 6th and here's the reply I got:

"LA TORRETTA B&B

CHARME & RELAX of Gabriele Baldini

Manarola- 5Terre National Park

ITALY

www.torrettas.com is clouse until 1 February.

Thanks all best www.torrettas.com STAFF"

Looks like I'll try again come February.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it too early to book La Toretta?

ptpinit....at least we know they are closed. Thanks for keeping me in the loop. We'll keep our fingers crossed for February.

5. Re: Is it too early to book La Toretta?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, September 15, 2009