We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One week in Cinque Terre and Florence/Pisa region.

Poole
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
One week in Cinque Terre and Florence/Pisa region.

Hello, I wonder if anyone would be able to give me some advice please?

I have just booked flights for one week in Italy. We are flying in+out of Pisa, during late April 2013.

I will be travelling with my boyfriend, and we are hoping for a week of seeing beautiful views, walking, a bit of city culture and lovely food+drink. So we thought Italy would be perfect!

I was thinking something along the lines of.... 3-4 days in the Cinque Terre, 2 or 3 days in Florence, a day-trip to Pisa, and possibly a night in (or day-trip to) Lucca?

Can anyone recommend a realistic plan for 1 week. We don't want to be rushing loads, or covering too much distance, but definitely want to spend time walking and relaxing in the Cinque Terre and exploring Florence as our priorities.

Many thanks for any advice.

United States
Level Contributor
9,784 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One week in Cinque Terre and Florence/Pisa region.

For me, I'd stay in Lucca after the Cinque Terre and day trip to Pisa and Florence to save changing hotels more than twice in a week. Others would prefer to stay in Florence and day trip to Lucca and PIsa, same reason.You say you want to explore Florence, then stay there. 2 bases in a week is plenty.

TAB

California
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One week in Cinque Terre and Florence/Pisa region.

I'd spend 2-3 nights in CT and the rest in Florence (Lucca would be my second choice). Most trains from Florence to CT connect in Pisa, there is luggage storage at Pisa Centrale

Poole
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One week in Cinque Terre and Florence/Pisa region.

Thank you for your advice.

I'm thinking I'll go straight from Pisa to Florence, and stay there for 3 nights. And then spent the next 4 nights in Vernazza.

Could I get the train from Florence to Lucca, and spend the day there, and then get the train onto Vernazza in the afternoon?

United States
Level Contributor
9,784 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One week in Cinque Terre and Florence/Pisa region.

Yes, there are frequent train throughout the day going from Florence to Lucca and Lucca to Vernazza.

You can get train schedules at:

www.fsitaliane.it/cms/v/index.jsp…

Use a date within the next 7 for fares and use Firenze for Florence.

TAB

5. Re: One week in Cinque Terre and Florence/Pisa region.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 13, 2014