We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry question-Cinque Terre/Montecatini

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
ferry question-Cinque Terre/Montecatini

I have a friend who plans to visit Montecatini in early Nov.; & wants to make a short side trip to C.T. She is aware that there is ferry service to C.T.; but wonders if it will still be running at that time. I've read elsewhere that the journey by train requires more than 2 transfers. Anyone have suggestions on how to make this trip as painless as possible. Many thanks in advance.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry question-Cinque Terre/Montecatini

I see that you are also interested in trains between Montecatini and Cinque Terre. On our first visit to Italy, we will be staying in M. and hoping to visit CT for one day. I understand that this can be done & that a good way to see the 5 towns would be primarily by ferry if you don't like hiking. These forums have been VERY informative! Have you been able to learn any more regarding the train connections from Montecatini? Mille grazie!

ny
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry question-Cinque Terre/Montecatini

do you know anything about a boat/ferry trip along the coast of Cinque Terre. We are arriving by cruiseship in Livorno, and would like to take a train to the first town in CT and a ferry along the coast. Thanks, Linda